Monday 8 June 2009

Wedding Season

I had a wonderful afternoon yesterday, crafting away with no interuptions...it was heaven. I had a quick wizz round the gallery on SCS for some inspiration and found a very simple but elegant card here using the Mr & Mrs set (Together Forever for those across the water). I actually made two of these, one with Pretty In Pink Taffeta Ribbon and the other using the Basic Grey and silver Basic Grey Opaline pearls. They're both gorgeous, even if I say so myself, so Jakes teacher will be getting this one now! lol The patterend paper is an Anna Griffin one I picked up in Hobbycraft the other day. Not sure which one it is but it's perfect for weddings don't you think? The card base by the way is Sahara Sand - it's lovely with the pearlescent card, I only wish they did an ink pad to go with it. I found a box of Silver Mirri card in my cupboard I'd forgotten I had. Again the perfect combination with these colours - gorgeous!
I also made a few other cards but can't share just yet as they're for people who have Birthdays and other events going on. I'll post later in the week though.
So not bad eh? From one post in two weeks to two in two days! lol
tfl and see you real soon.
Jo :)

11 comments:

Emma said...

Stunning Jo, so elegant, I am sure his teacher will treasure it x

cardsandacuppa said...

Stunning card Jo! Almost makes me wish I was getting married again (to the same person of course!) love it ! the paper is perfect and love the mirri card too.
Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

Kate Lewis said...

wow WOW WOW!!! Jo this is SO stunning! What a beatifully elegant wedding card, really special - one to be treaured, in fact how can you part with it lol!

The mirri card works fabulously and the layout is fab too! TFS!!! Hugs Kate x

Teri said...

Ohhhhh Jo! I'm going to have to give in and get this stamp set now! This card is just ...... beautiful! Really, really ... gorgeous. I'm going to have to copy it ... lol :o)

Teri xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! This is such an elegant wedding card!! Love the clean white with the shimmer and the hatpin!! Gorgeous!!

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! So very very pretty! I love the mirror cardstock ... it's perfect with the white and pink!

Jo Austin said...

Jo I love it! Absolutely beautiful x

Steph said...

How gorgeous is this? Well done you. x

Saxo Stamper said...

JOBE

Incredibly beautiful, amazing and so elegant - what a fabulous card and such stunning work - your talents are being wasted girl ! !

K x

Vicki said...

Oh Wow Jo, two beautiful stunning cards, love the style!

Vicki x

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful classy card Jo - so elegant :) Stephanie xxx